Wow, it was really exciting to see this piece in the New York Times featuring one of the great Brennivín cocktails on the menu at The Up & Up in New York City.
Check out the article here, and visit Chaim, Matt and the crew at The Up & Up the next time you are in NYC. Try a Stone Crush...
Chaim Dauermann’s Stone Crush
½ ounce Dolin Blanc vermouth
¼ ounce Rabarbaro Zucca amaro
1 ounce Stiegl Goldbräu pilsner beer
1 cucumber, sliced
1. In a mixing glass, muddle three or four slices of cucumber into a juicy pulp.
2. Fill the mixing glass with ice, then add the Brennivín, vermouth and Zucca. Stir well. Lastly, add the Stiegl beer.
3. Strain the drink through a fine-mesh sieve into an ice-filled rocks glass.
4. With a paring knife or peeler, cut off a strip of lemon peel and twist it over the drink to express the lemon oil. Discard the peel.
5. Garnish with more slices of cucumber and serve.